Signs and Symptoms of Dry Eye, may include:
- A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes
- Increased eye irritation around wind or smoke
- Stingy mucus in or around your eyes
- Eye fatigue
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye Redness
- A sensation of having something in your eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Blurred vision especially at the end of the day
Dr. Nathan Corbell has successfully treated Dry Eye Syndrome using the following treatments:
- Over the counter eyedrops such as non preservative artificial tears.
- Prescription medications including Antibiotics to reduce eyelid inflammation, prescription eye drops to control cornea inflammation, and prescription inserts that looks like a grain of rice from people that can not use eye drops.
- Punctal plugs which close your tear ducks to keep in your natural tears.
- Scleral lenses these specialty contact lenses comfortably fit over the eye trapping in moisture to relieve dry eyes.